Tuesday, February 21, 2006

The amazing disappearing radio show...do not adjust your set

Listener Kostis has reported that the Tuesday morning repeat didn't happen today, despite it being in the Resonance schedule. We'll look into it. I can confirm that we definitely did broadcast a show on Sunday night, as Dave in Nottingham agreed with my take on the Otomo record and he'd have had to have heard the programme to know that as I only worked it out myself a couple of hours before we went on air.

Some of you have noticed that we've slipped off the Resonance online schedules. I've been in touch with the station manager and it appears that our disappearance was a technical error at Resonance's end which I'm assured will be fixed ASAP (weird how the listing for the repeat was there, but the proper programme listing wasn't). It meant that we didn't record last week's programme in the same way as we did the 12/2 programme (the recording is linked to the schedule by an arcane means that I do not pretend to understand), and our back-up minidisc failed (one of a few technical nightmares that evening) so neither Richard nor I have a recording of the show yet! We'll try and get one up soon.

In fact, if you have one, please let me know and we can share it.

Assuming we get back in the schedules (we'll keep broadcasting even if we're not in there!) we should be able to bring back the recordings in the future - it seems that people like having that option. Richard and I are making it our number one priority (after getting a show on air) to make sure you can listen again online. Thanks everyone for your kind words.

No comments: